First introduction to the workspace and the control panels that are used in everyday work.
After logging in, you are at the dashboard and select "Upload" in the navigation bar on the left to get to the tool's workspace. Depending on the user interface settings, it looks like this:
Empty Workspace of the LazyMerch Automation Tool
The Home button takes you back to the Dashboard. The current state of your workspace is not lost. You can also switch to the dashboard during an upload.
By clicking on the arrow icon to the right of the home button you can expand or collapse the platform navbar which is below the home button.
The toolbar is located at the top of the workspace. It offers important editing functions, shows their shortcuts, opens tools, gives alternative import options or has a variety of adjustable things for the user interface.
Toolbar on Windows
On MacOS you can find the toolbar on the top left of your screen as soon as the workspace of the app is opened.
Toolbar on MacOS
The "Run All" button can be found to the right of the toolbar. Clicking on it starts the upload for all platforms for which the required data is available. The button also offers several options when pressing the down arrow for the dropdown options.
Further Options of the Run All Button
Run Sequenced only starts a certain number of platforms that are allowed to run simultaneously according to your settings. If the shutdown option was checked before the upload, the device is shut down after the upload.
The gear icon to the right of the "Run All" button can be clicked to get to the settings of the application.
The navbar platform shows the platforms to which you can upload and which are enabled in the view option of the toolbar. You can expand and collapse the navbar using the arrow on the home button.
Expanded Toolbar that shows buttons to Start, Pause or Stop the upload for a specific platform
Collapsed toolbar which gives more space to focus on the data in the working area
If the platform navbar is collapsed you can right-click on the logos to get further options. Thus, the Play, Pause and Stop buttons can be reached by right-clicking.
The Reset Cache option resets the browser data for the platform you clicked it. This is a helpful first step for any issues you came along during the upload. You can read more about this here.
The bottom bar gives you more options or information relevant to the data in the workspace, such as for importing, exporting or the number of translation characters consumed.
It has the following areas, described from left to right:
- Cloud Synchronization Button - requests design data for the selected platform
- Translation Character Counter - shows your already used translation characters and the maximum available characters which depend on your subscribed package or if you use a DeepL API key.
- Export as CSV - this button exports the loaded workspace data of your selected platform. This is usefull if you change something and want to save it to a file which later can be imported again.
- Excel Templates - the Excel Templates button brings you to the folder where the table file templates are stored. You can duplicate them and use the structure to add your designs and listings.
This area is the heart of the tool's upload page. It is the place where your designs, listings and upload-related data end up after imported to the tool. There you can edit or check them again before uploading.
The Workspace showing imported data ready to be uploaded
The Workspace Controls are located at the top of the Design Area and have mostly functions to make it easier to handle all design data that is added or imported. The controls are described from the left to the right in the following bullet points.
- Language Dropdown This dropdown lets you choose a language to be displayed for the whole design area. This way you can change the language for all design cards at the same time.
- Search Field If you are looking for a specific design on the workspace, you can filter for it using a search term
- Image Previewer Clicking on the image icon opens the Image Previewer. This is only visible on platforms where the design conversion is available. In the Image Previewer you can preview the converted images.
- Product Settings Clicking on the shirt icon opens the Product Settings for the platform you're currently on. This is only visible on platforms which offer individual product settings for each design. For now, these platforms are MBA and Teepublic.
- Select All Button The select all button selects all the imported designs of a platform. If they are already selected, the button shows the option "Deselect All".
- Translate The first purple icon with the translation sign on it is for translating your listings. When you press this icon, all the selected Design Cards will be translated.
- Delete Clicking the trash icon removes all selected Design Cards from the Design Area.
- Add Clicking the + icon opens the import form for the selected platform. You can add further designs and listings to the workspace.
By default, the workspace shows a clear representation of your imported image and listing. In our tutorials or within our community, data entries at the workspace are also named "cards" or "rows". The rows differ minimally depending on the platform.
Design Card that's imported at MBA
Design cards consist of:
- Language Labels Colored labels with abbreviations representing the available or expected languages. Green means that the listing seems to be ok and can be uploaded. Yellow is a warning, which means that a listing does not meet the conditions or still needs to be translated into the expected language. Red indicates an error that prevents the upload for this marketplace.
- Edit The pencil icon to the right of the language labels opens an input interface where you can edit the listing. However, there is also an option, under View of the toolbar, where you can activate inline editing and thus adjust your data directly on the design card.
- Duplicate The icon showing two documents is for duplicating a design card.
- Trademark Button If the option to automatically trademark check your listing is enabled, you will see a colored TM button. This button indicates whether a listing is free of registered trademarks or not. Green means that nothing was found. Yellow means that something was found. Red means that an error occurred during the check or a word from your blacklist was found. A click on the TM button opens the results. You can learn more about the TM-Check here.
- Status The icon on the far right indicates the upload status of a design card. It shows different colors and icons depending on whether it has not yet been uploaded, is being uploaded, has been successfully uploaded, or an error occurred during upload. Clicking on it will take you to the logs for that design.
- Listing Depending on the platform for which the data was imported, you will find fields for titles, descriptions, tags, bullet points or other adjustable things on the cards. By clicking on the Expand icon at the bottom right of a card, it can be expanded to make more data visible.